Keep Fall Fire Free
The fall season brings cooler temperatures, beautiful colors, and an abundance of outdoor activities. October is Fire Prevention Month and an excellent time to examine the fire emergency preparedness plans for your home or business. SERVPRO of Northwest Bergen County is a leading provider for fire cleanup and restoration. We have years of knowledge, and highly trained Service Technicians to properly handle any size fire, smoke or soot disaster. We also have the cleaning products and equipment required to restore your property to preloss conditions.
Plan ahead this season to help ensure it is safe and fire-free.
- Fall decorations, like dried flowers and cornstalks, are highly flammable. Keep these and, other decorations away from open flames and heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Keep emergency exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes.
- Teach children to stay away from open flames. Be sure they know how to stop, drop, and roll if their clothing catches fire.
- Remember safety first when choosing a Halloween costume. Consider avoiding billowing fabric. If you are making your costume, choose material that won’t easily ignite if it comes into contact with heat or flames.
- It is safest to use a flashlight or battery-operated candle in a jock-o-lantern. Use extreme caution is using a real candle. Place lit pumpkins away from anything that can burn and out of the way of doorsteps, walkways, and yards.
Along with these tips don’t forget to change your batteries in your Fire and Smoke Alarms. Once the alarm goes off you have less then 2 minutes to escape. Create, implement and practice a fire escape plan with your family and/or employees.
SERVPRO of Northwest Bergen County wants you to stay safe, and informed for any type of disaster that comes your way. If your Bergen County area home does suffer damage from a fire, smoke or soot give us a call at: 201-236-2400 we can walk you through the necessary steps to get your home back to normal.