Holiday Safety Cooking Tips | SERVPRO® of Northwest Bergen County
Each November, families gather to celebrate Thanksgiving by preparing a delicious feast, but if you don't practice safe cooking habits, your holiday could become hazardous.
Here are some safety tips to ensure you can enjoy a safe holiday:
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Check food regularly, use a timer as a reminder.
- Keep young kids away from the cooking area.
- Keep anything flammable away from the stove, oven or any other hot surface.
- Do not wear loose clothing while cooking.
- Clean cooking surfaces to prevent grease buildup.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher and learn how to use it properly.
- Always check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving home, to make sure all appliances are turned off.
- Install a smoke alarm near the kitchen, on each level of the home, near sleeping areas, and inside and outside bedrooms. Use the test button to check it each month. Replace all batteries at least once a year.
SERVPRO of Northwest Bergen County wishes you a safe and happy holiday season.
Here is a link with additional safety tips. http://www.nfpa.org/thanksgiving