Managing Mold: Tips Before Help Arrives
Be Careful! without proper training or tools, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What To Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC systems and fans
- Contact SERVPRO Bergen & Rockland County for mold remediation.
What Not To Do:
- Don't touch or disturb the mold
- Don't blow air across any surface with visible mold growth
- Don't attempt to dry the area yourself
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
About our Mold Remediation Services:
SERVPRO specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it's a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professional that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If you see mold, call SERVPRO today!