Water Damage to Ceiling
The water damage to this ceiling was quickly handled by protecting the unaffected contents of the room, removing the affected ceiling area and drying residual moisture. Water damage can often lead to a mold problem if it is not handled quickly and professionally. SERVPRO Bergen County has the experience to handle both water and mold remediation. Follow these tips to minimize water damage to your home or business.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.